Termites damage is not only cosmetic damage but most often there is are underlying issues. Termites eat into the very structure of your home, such as the support beams, floor joists, posts, ceiling joists and wall studs.
If you find superficial cosmetic termite damage, chances are high that there’s more damage beneath.
Here are some signs to let you know if you may have termite damage:
- The appearance of water damage
- Buckling ceilings or walls
- Bubbling wallpaper
- Swollen floors and ceilings
- Maze-like designs in wood, walls or furniture
- Mud tunnels on your foundation
- Termite swarms (flying around) themselves
- Holes or craters in firewood piles or stumps
- Termite droppings – which look like tiny piles of sawdust
Here is how ASAP Construction, LLC can repair termite damage:
- Remove the damaged wood and replace it with new wood
- Attach new wood to the damaged wood to provide support
Although termite damage may be reversed through professional repair, homeowners should first call a local termite specialist to ensure there are no longer termites present and the risk of further infestation has been eliminated.
CALL US AT 757-432-1800 TO SEE WHAT WE CAN DO FOR YOU!